WELCOME BACK 🙂 Check out where to get this outfit below along with the Top Books to Read in September!
If you haven’t realized it from my previous posts already….I am obsessed with books. When I saw this shirt from Target, I felt like it was made for me. I don’t think I have ever watched a movie that was also a book and thought the movie was better. Not once! Some prime examples:
- Harry Potter
- Lovely Bones
- Gone Girl
- The Maze Runner
- Eat Pray Love (Came pretty close though)
- Something Borrowed
- The Time Travelers Wife
- A Walk to Remember (Also pretty close though)
There are tons more, but those are the first that came to my mind.
Lately, I’ve been concentrating on non-fiction books, but I’m ready to get back to novels since its been a while. Here are the ten books I plan on binging through in September:
- A Simple Favor– Sort of like a Gone Girl…two women are best friends and one of them disappears suddenly. The other friend digs into her life to try to find out what happened to her and realizes she didn’t know her best friend at all. This is going to be out in theaters in September, so its a race for time!
- Crazy Rich Asians– This one is also becoming a movie. From what I know of it… one of the heirs of the family brings an American born Chinese woman home to his family and the family is not too happy about it. A couple of my friends read it and loved it….I’m thinking its like a Gossip Girl with more drama to it. Can’t wait to find out!
- The Summer Wives– This was recommended on The Skimm (I’ll explain this later) as a must read! The author, Beatriz Williams, is a NY Times Best Selling author. This book takes place in 1951 with the main character arriving in Long Island after losing her father in WWII and trying to figure out which group she fits in with- the high society members or the working class. A little different, but sounds like a good read!
- Dead Girls: Essays on Surviving an American Obsession– Rather than a novel, this is a collection of essays analyzing ” our widespread obsession with women who are abused, killed”. Its a little morbid, but a very interesting read discussing women empowerment.
- When Life Gives You Lululemons– Do you remember The Devil Wears Prada? With my intense love for fashion and clothing, its a given that I was obsessed. This book is a continuation, but follows the Assistant Emily (Played by Emily Blunt in the movie) who leaves NYC for Greenwich, CT…not sure why anyone would ever do such a thing, but I guess I will find out when I read this one!
- Girl, Wash Your Face– Not a fiction book, but a topic that everyone should read about and remind themselves of. The author, Rachel Hollis, discusses lies and misconceptions that hold us back from what we really want to do or are supposed to be doing in order to succeed. Reminds me a bit of The Art of Not Giving a F***. Can’t wait to delve into this book.
- The Perfect Couple– Ellin Hildebrand is a best seller who’s books typically take place in Nantucket. This one is about a wedding that is supposed to take place until the bride is found dead. I don’t know about you, but I love murder mysteries. I’ll need a light tread afterwards though!
- The Girls– This book isn’t new or anything, but I heard so much about it and so it made my list. Takes place in the 1960’s, and involves a teenager who is drawn to a group of girls who end up being in an infamous cult. THe main character gets drawn into it so much and things happen. Involves a good combination of fashion and mystery- I’m intrigued!
- Catcher- Written by my favorite YouTuber, Kalyn Nicholson. It literally just came out, so there aren’t too many reviews out yet. From what I understand, it is about a girl who lost her baby brother in a car accident, keeps having dreams about the same boy every night who keeps telling her it isn’t her time to die, and she later ends up losing the rest of her family. I am not sure what direction this will go in, but I am LOYAL and have faith in Kalyn that this book will be amazing. I’ll keep you posted on it.
- Two Weeks Notice- I am so excited about this book and I feel like you guys will be too. Given most of my readers are working, this book is definitely relatable. The main character works as an Executive Assistant supporting someone she hates. She tries to quit, but apparently she signed a contract saying that she can’t quit unless something dire happens. However, something happens that changes these terms and is given an “emergency proposition”. Its listed as a romance novel which I’m a sucker for. AND it got mainly good reviews on Amazon. Can’t wait to see what happens.
Hopefully you’ll enjoy these books as much as I will! Leave a comment if you read any or have any others to suggest!
ALSO- don’t forget to enter the Giveaway for Smile Brilliant’s Teeth Whitening Kit! The option to enter is almost ending! Enter HERE!